- BOSS’s most powerful guitar/bass synth and modeling processor ever
- Next-generation synth engine with custom DSP and 48 kHz/32-bit processing throughout
- Unprecedented sound and expression with three simultaneous instrument types and advanced real-time signal processing
- Each instrument provides pitch, level, and panning of each string for instant alternate tunings and wide, layered voicings
- New Dynamic Synth perfectly follows the guitar’s natural envelope for uncompromised tone shaping
- New sound engine and GK 13-pin interface deliver clear, dynamic sound and precision tracking with zero latency
- Dynamic Synth includes two 16-part step sequencers for evolving control of pitch, filter, and amplitude
- Newly refreshed versions of historic BOSS/Roland guitar synth and modeling technologies: OSC Synth, GR-300, E.Guitar, E.Bass, Acoustic, VIO Guitar, and Poly FX
- Normal ¼-inch guitar/bass input for blending and Dynamic Synth processing
- Premium effects and amps derived from the flagship GT-1000
- Large LCD and intuitive editing interface for free-flowing sound creation
- Eight freely assignable footswitches, external control support, effects loop, and configurable Main/Sub outputs
- USB Audio/MIDI and MIDI I/O, plus Guitar-to-MIDI/Bass-to-MIDI function
- Dedicated Guitar and Bass modes
- Customize sounds with the BOSS Tone Studio editor and download pro patches at BOSS Tone Central
- Roland GK-compatible pickup and 13-pin cable required for full access to all synth and modeling features
A New Era of Guitar Synth Innovation
The SY-1000 is the most advanced guitar/bass synth we’ve ever made, hands down. Custom DSP delivers six times the processing muscle of the SY-300, and the newly developed sound engine leverages the power of GK independent string processing for ultra-articulate performance, lightning-fast response, instantly variable tuning, sound panning/layering, and much more.
Deep Sound Design Tools
A standard SY-1000 patch includes three simultaneous instruments—each with a number of distinctive types to choose from—and you can combine and layer them for an endless range of sounds. Fed by the 13-pin GK input, every instrument offers an extensive set of parameters for tone shaping, mixing, and tuning. A normal ¼-inch input is available as well, letting you blend regular guitar/bass pickup sounds alongside the three instruments.
Ultra-Expressive Dynamic Synth
The all-new Dynamic Synth takes guitar synthesis further than it’s ever gone. GK processing and speedy DSP track your instrument’s characteristics with precision detail, allowing you to craft sounds never before possible. Choose from ten oscillator waveforms—sine, triangle, PWM, three saw types (including Roland’s famous supersaw), and more. Then shape the sound with six different filters, amplifier control, two LFOs, and two powerful step sequencers. Optimum performance is realized with the GK input, but it’s also possible to play the Dynamic Synth via the normal guitar/bass input.
Two Step Sequencers Bring Sounds to Life
After shaping a basic sound with the Dynamic Synth, the fun’s just starting—with two step sequencers, you can infuse it with movement to create complex textures that pulse, breathe, and groove. Each sequencer features 16 customizable steps that control pitch, filter, and amplitude independently. Better still, every step includes 13 different envelope curves for unprecedented sonic control. And by stacking three Dynamic Synths together, you can build massive moving sounds with three oscillators and six separate step sequencers!
OSC Synth and GR-300
Complementing the powerful Dynamic Synth are two additional synth instruments. OSC Synth is an analog-style engine with lots of filter options, full ADSR control, and high-definition sound with the discrete GK input. Also included is a perfect sonic recreation of the Roland GR-300, the legendary 1980s analog guitar synth used by some of the world’s most influential guitarists.
Advanced Guitar/Bass Modeling and Poly FX
The SY-1000 doesn’t stop at synthesis—it also features refreshed instrument modeling derived from historic BOSS and Roland GK gear. A large selection of electric, acoustic, and bass guitar types are available, each with independent tuning, EQ, virtual amp settings, and more. There’s also a highly expressive VIO Guitar instrument, which alters the input signal’s envelope and harmonic characteristics to create tones reminiscent of bowed instruments. Finally, the cool Poly FX instrument delivers richly textured voices with high-res definition only possible with GK processing.
Flagship-Class Effects and Interface
The SY-1000’s signal processing and user interface are derived from BOSS’s flagship GT-1000 multi-effects, lauded for its exceptional audio quality and simple operation. Shape sounds any way you like with a huge palette of effects, plus ultra-responsive guitar and bass amps. Quickly edit instruments and effects, change routings, create parallel chains, and more via the large LCD and hands-on knobs. And to speed up your patch workflow even more, you can save favorite instrument and effect setups in ready-to-go Variation libraries.
By default, the SY-1000’s eight footswitches select patches, banks, and two control assignments. But you can easily reassign them to nearly any function you want. There’s also a Manual mode for fast on/off access to the three instruments and normal input. Up to four external footswitches or two expression pedals are supported, and MIDI I/O is provided as well. The Main and Sub outputs are normally used for mixed stereo signals, but can also be configured as four discrete outputs, complete with dedicated EQ on each. And with the moveable effects loop, you can smoothly integrate all your external gear.
Record Tracks and Play MIDI Instruments via USB
The SY-1000’s USB audio/MIDI interface opens a world of creative options with your favorite DAW. With the GK input, you’re able to record each of your instrument’s strings to separate audio tracks, either processed live or captured dry for later “re-synth” processing through the SY-1000. And with the Guitar-to-MIDI/Bass-to-MIDI function, you can use your axe to play soft synths, record MIDI sequences, input notation data, and more.